Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Shiitake sliders on steamed buns


To make the dough - 

1 tsp sea salt 
1 generous TBSP Ginger People ginger syrup (or substitute with maple syrup or honey if you like) 
2 TBSP yeast 
2 TBSP grapeseed oil 
1 cup warm water (I warmed it up in the microwave for 60 seconds) 
2 cups pastry flour 
1 cup sweet rice flour (I used Mochiko brand) 

I just put all the ingredients in my bread machine and let it do it's thing for the dough only option. 
Once the dough was mixed, I greased a bowl and transferred the dough into it. I let it sit for about 30 minutes.



I put the dough on a sheet of parchment paper and just flattened it with my hand.
I used a mason jar lid to cut out the circles - a large sized lid and a smaller sized lid.
I greased the dumpling cloth and steamed the pieces in my steamer for 10 minutes.
I also baked a few pieces in the oven on a greased sheet for 10 minutes at 325 degrees.


Left - baked buns
Middle & Right steamed buns

To make the sandwich -

I pan seared the shiitake mushroom caps with a bit of oil.
I steamed some gai lan (Chinese broccoli)

For the sauce -
I mixed hoisin sauce with a bit of chili & garlic paste.

Spread the sauce on the top bun.
On the bottom bun layer the mushroom caps, gai lan and I added some leftover daikon & carrot salad (see previous post for recipe)



No comments:

The recipe gal.

The recipe gal.
Me.